“A Universe of Stories” is the theme of the Thompson Free Library’s 2019 Summer Reading Program. All ages are invited to participate!
- Birth to Grade 4:
- Fill out this Registration Form.
- Read 15 minutes a day, and mark on your calendar for each day you read. At the end of six weeks, submit your calendars [July] [August] to get a free book!
- Each week that you participate, you can also enter into a drawing to win prizes donated by April Taylor and Erma the READing Dog.
- Complete these activities [birth to pre-K] or [K through grade 4] to get a prize from Ms. Michelle!
- Grade 5 through Adult:
- Fill out a star review slip for every book you read, and put it into the Summer Reading bucket. You’ll have a chance to win gift certificates from local businesses in our weekly drawings. Thank you to Bob’s Sugarhouse, Center Coffee House, Center Theatre, Mountain’s Market, the Raven’s Attic, and the Piscataquis Regional Food Center for donating prizes!
Every Wednesday at 10:30 am join us for a special children’s program:
- July 3 – Animal visit with Sparks Ark Animal Services.
- July 10 – Storytelling with the Abbe Museum.
- July 17 – Author/artist Kevin Hawkes.
- July 24 – Nocturnal animals with LC Bates Museum.
- July 31 – “Out of This World Storytime” with Js. Jenn.
- August 7 – Juggler comedy show with Michael Menes.
Kids can sign up to read with Erma the Reading Education Assistance Dog every Wednesday at 2:00 pm.
Summer Reading materials can be picked up at the library. All programs are free of charge. At the end of the summer, we will celebrate with a Summer Reading party on Thursday, August 15 at 3:00 pm.
Looking for other fun things to do this summer? The Thompson Free Library has a Maine State Park Pass you can borrow and a library membership to the Maine Discovery Museum in Bangor! For more info, please contact the library at (207) 564-3350.