**Update May 26**
Thompson Free Library is now accepting the return of borrowed materials. Please use the book drop located by the main entrance, which is open 24/7. All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before being re-circulated.
The library is also offering curbside pickup service for books, movies, and other library materials beginning on Wednesday, June 3. Pickup hours will be Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday morning pickups can be arranged by appointment. Please see our Curbside Service page for information about how to participate.
**Effective March 17**
In an effort to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, Thompson Free Library will be closed to the public until further notice.
This includes all scheduled in-person programs and meeting room uses. We are asking patrons to keep any checked-out materials at home until we reopen. All due dates will be extended.
Please remember that you can access WiFi 24/7 from the library parking lot, and that many library resources are available online:
- Access talking picture books, read-alongs, and more from TumbleBookLibrary–no library card needed!
- TumbleMath, TeenBookCloud, AudiobookCloud, and RomanceBookCloud are also available until August 31.
- Use your library card number to borrow e-books and digital audiobooks via CloudLibrary.
- Visit Digital Maine Library for online learning tools and reference resources.
- Attend a virtual program.
- See our lists of Free Learning Resources, Mental Health Resources, and Maine History and Culture Online.
- Research local history with our digitized collection of Piscataquis Observers.
We are still here to help! You can reach library staff at email@example.com or leave a message at (207) 564-3350.
If you have questions about COVID-19, or need help connecting with local information or services, please call 211 or visit https://211maine.org/.
Visit our COVID-19 Resources page to stay informed about this rapidly changing situation.